The Internal Wholesaler plays a key role within the Penn Capital sales team. In partnership with the Director of Business Development (external) for the assigned territory and relationship coverage, the internal – via outbound phone, email, direct mail, and virtual communications - develops and maintains existing relationships and identifies and acquires new business within a specified territory to meet defined goals and metrics.
The Internal Wholesaler works to develop and maintain meaningful client relationships with financial advisors at Registered Investment Advisors, national broker dealers. and institutional consultants in the assigned territory and relationship coverage.
The Internal Wholesaler must possess understanding and passion for the sales process and capital markets. He or she must also have excellent organizational and follow up skills and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously. Moreover, the Internal Wholesaler must demonstrate professional presence, poise, strong presentation skills, and a high level of energy and motivation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Marketing, Business, or a related field
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses
- At least 1 year of experience in the financial services industry, preferable in client relationship management or sales support
- Working with and understanding the use of CRM and sales force automation systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, environment, with enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly with demonstrated ability to problem-solve in a critical and creative manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as public presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand investment products and strategies with a focus on credit-related strategies such as high yield bonds, loans, and levered equities, as well as strong knowledge of products such as separately managed accounts, registered mutual funds, model and wrap products, and limited partnership pooled investment vehicles
- Understand portfolio return attribution and performance drivers
- Knowledge of, and prior experience with, complex systems including Bloomberg, Advent APX, eVestment Omni, FactSet (preferred)
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint) skills
- At least 3 years of experience in sales, sales support or marketing, preferably within the Wealth Management, Asset Management or Institutional Asset business
- Experience within the RIA, national wire house or institutional channels
- Knowledge of mutual funds and separate accounts within the context of the overall asset management industry
Contact Information: To apply for a position at Penn Capital please forward your cover letter, including salary or compensation expectations, along with a professional resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only submissions with an attached resume will be considered.
Penn Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer