Penn Capital is seeking a dedicated and diligent Marketing Associate to assist the Director of Marketing and Digital Solutions in supporting the firm’s business objectives. This position is a critical contributor to the work of the Business Development and Client Service teams, the attainment of their goals, and the long-term goals of the firm.
This position requires effective time-management, planning, organization, problem solving, teamwork, collaboration and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be adept at taking direction when appropriate, with the ability to also work independently and coordinate efforts from multiple parties with strict deadlines.
Updating marketing collateral with statistical, financial and non-financial information, as well as preparing and delivering business development and client review presentations, is a core responsibility of this position. The printing and binding of presentation materials is part of this position, especially during heavy client review periods.
· One to three years’ professional experience, preferably in asset management or financial services
· Bachelor’s degree
· Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills required with particular focus on PowerPoint and Excel.
· Knowledge and/or experience with Bloomberg, Advent APX, and FactSet preferred
· Team player with excellent communication and people skills that contribute to the ability to work well with others
· Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
· Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision
· Ability to take ownership of position – willing to go above and beyond without having to be asked or prompted
· Works well under pressure and deadlines
· Must be flexible to sometimes work outside normal business hours
Additional skills desired, but not required:
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
· Familiarity with Seismic automation software
Investment Services Associate
Penn Capital is seeking a professional to work in its Investment Services group. The individual will be responsible for supporting the operations and client service functions of the firm and will work closely with internal and external sales teams; portfolio management and trading teams; and other members of the Investment Services team. Responsibilities of the position include
This position requires effective time-management, planning, organization, problem solving, teamwork, collaboration and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be adept at taking direction when appropriate, with the ability to also work independently and coordinate efforts from multiple parties with strict deadlines. Detailed responsibilities include:
• Client reporting and facilitating ad hoc client/advisor requests
• Establishing relationships with external sponsors and financial advisors to facilitate wrap platform account openings, terminations, withdrawals, tax harvesting requests, etc.
• Managing asset flow reporting process
• Reconciling accounts and proposing resolutions
• Troubleshooting issues with internal and external parties to facilitate resolutions
• Documenting procedures and seeking process improvement
• Additional operational and client service responsibilities based on experience
• Two to five years’ experience in investment management industry – operations or client service experience a plus
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to solve problems in a fast-paced environment
• Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly developed organizational skills - ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple assignments
• Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint skills
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
• Knowledge of financial markets and economic concepts
Additional skills required
• Advent APX
• eVestment Omni and other institutional consultant databases
• Fiserv’s APL Wrap Portfolio Accounting System a plus
• Charles River Development TOMS (CRD) a plus
Contact Information: To apply for a position at Penn Capital please forward your cover letter, including salary or compensation expectations, along with a professional resume to email@example.com. Only submissions with an attached resume will be considered.
Penn Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer